Minutes of the Rawnsley surgery Patient Participation Group (PPG)
Date of meeting Monday 27th April 2015
Meeting started 6:35 pm
Present Elaine Mellor, Cheryl Strudwick, John Foster, Dennis Gadsby, Barry Stokes.
Apologies Jacqui Mosley, Joyce Bunn, David Poole.
Dennis was welcomed as a new member of the group.
1) Previous minutes were read and agreed.
2) Minutes of all meetings to be typed, then emailed to Elaine for distribution. Minutes will also be published on the surgery website, which will help to disseminate information and may help to attract new group members.
3) Elaine agreed to collate member contact details using forms completed at last meeting and add these to end of minutes prior to distribution.
4) Chair will provide an agenda for the next meeting.
5) Re identification of surgery staff: all staff continue to wear name badges, but rejected the suggestion of a “uniform”.
6) Re setting up special interest support groups (e.g. diabetes patients): Elaine has contacted other practice managers to gauge interest, but their PPGs are in early stages of development and not yet ready for this.
1) Methods of disseminating information to patients were discussed. This focussed on the improvement of waiting room notices. This will be the main item for the next meeting. Barry is to prepare a simple patient survey/questionnaire for patients to express views and hopefully make useful suggestions for improvement. Group members will each spend an hour or so conducting the survey, with patients in the surgery waiting room so results can be analysed at the next meeting.
Meeting closed 7:25pm
D.O.N.M. Tuesday 23rd June 2015. 6:30pm